Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rain and soup


Rain again, tonight and tomorrow, so the forecast predicts. I’m worried about our ceiling; the leaks have become worse with each rain. We’ve borrowed deeper and wider buckets, an act of anticipation and protection. Furniture has been pushed aside, rugs rolled up and/or removed.
Our building is two years old. Until legal matters are settled, here’s life in our living room, during times of rain.
Last Monday we had a final lunch in New Mexico, beef soup at Casa de Fiesta Mexican Grill, in Albuquerque’s Old Town Plaza. Simple and delicious, I attempted a recreation for tonight’s dinner. (Simple and delicious are my kind of cooking!) I call it “Hamburger soup.” This comfort food I’ll remember when I hear water dripping, during the night.
- PJ

No comments: